- Karl Lagerfeld, Tom Ford and Gucci’s Alessandro Michele were amid these honored
- J.W. Anderson took home equally Menswear and Womenswear Designer of the Calendar year
- Girl Gaga, David and Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell have been amongst those in attendance
Hosted at the historic London Coliseum, the night noticed American Vogue editor-in-main Anna Wintour existing an overdue Outstanding Accomplishment Award to Karl Lagerfeld, Girl Gaga acknowledge a Red Carpet award on Tom Ford’s behalf and J.W. Anderson earn both Menswear and Womenswear Designer of the Yr.
Awards aside, here is what transpired:
1. Comedian and host for the night time Jack Whitehall on Kate Moss’ now infamous easyJet escapade “Occasionally bitches be fundamental.”
two. Patsy and Edina of Absolutely Fabulous (portrayed by Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders respectively) stole the present when they presented Stella McCartney with Brand name of the Calendar year: “She’s been literally producing luggage from the pubic hair of wheat grass for a long time,” quipped Eddie in reference to McCartney’s eco-sensibilities.
Anna & Karl
3. Wintour instructed the audience about the time Lagerfeld — who she referred to as the “soul of fashion” and a “1-gentleman superbrand” — created a tennis court docket at his Biarritz home (on France’s Basque coastline) ahead of her arrival so she’d feel “far more relaxed” when checking out. That’s friendship.
four. CNN Fashion guest editor Olivier Rousteing’s ode to Design of the Year Jourdan Dunn — selfie-stick in hand — incorporated a particular shout out to her capacity to “twerk all night time in actually, truly higher heels and a actually limited bodycon costume.”
5. Greek-born New Institution Designer of the 12 months Mary Katrantzou revealed she’s just utilized for her British citizenship.
6. Comfortable-spoken Design Innovator FKA Twigs described how her mother and grandmother motivated her possess adventurous fashion feeling.
7. Jonathan Anderson confided how surreal it felt to acknowledge his menswear award from huge-time crush Orlando Bloom.